Friday 26 July 2019

Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease


What is Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease?
CJD is a rare, degenerative, invariably a fatal brain disorder. It affects only about one person in every one million people per year worldwide. CJD usually appears in later life. Typically, the onset of symptoms occurs about age 60, and about 90 per cent of individuals die within 1 year. In the early stages of this disease, people may have behavioural changes, failing memory, visual disturbances and lack of coordination. As the illness progresses, blindness, mental deterioration becomes pronounced and involuntary movements, weakness and in worst cases coma may occur. It can be of 3 types i: e; sporadic CJD, hereditary CJD, acquired CJD.

Symptoms

CJD is characterized by rapidly progressive dementia. Initially, individuals experience problems with personality changes, muscular coordination, including impaired memory, judgment, thinking and impaired vision. People with the disease also may experience depression, insomnia, or unusual sensations. As the illness progresses, mental impairment becomes severe. Individuals often develop involuntary muscle jerks called myoclonus and they may go blind. They eventually lose the ability to move and speak and finally enter a coma.

How is CJD Diagnosed?
There is currently no diagnostic test for CJD. When a doctor suspects CJD, the first concern is to rule out treatable forms of dementia such as encephalitis or chronic meningitis. A neurological examination will be performed. Standard diagnostic tests will include a spinal tap to rule out more common causes of dementia and an EEG to record the brain's electrical pattern, which will show a specific type of abnormality in CJD. Computerized tomography of the brain can help rule out the possibility that the symptoms result from other problems such as stroke or a brain tumour. MRI brain scans can also reveal characteristic patterns of brain degeneration that can help diagnose CJD. 

Treatment
There is no specific treatment that can cure or control Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease. Researchers have tested many drugs, including steroids, amantadine, acyclovir, interferon, antibiotics and antiviral agents. Studies of a number of other drugs are now in progress. However, so far none of these treatments has shown any consistent benefit in humans.



How is CJD Transmitted?
CJD cannot be transmitted through the air or touching or other forms of casual contact. Spouses and other household members of sporadic CJD patients have no higher risk of contracting the disease than the general population. However, exposure to spinal cord fluid and brain tissue from infected individuals should be avoided to prevent transmission of the disease.

How Can People Avoid Spreading the Disease?
To reduce very low risk of CJD transmission from one person to another, people should never donate tissues, blood, or organs. Normal sterilization procedures such as washing, cooking, and boiling do not destroy prions. Caregivers, healthcare workers, and undertakers should take the following precautions when they are working with a person with CJD:



  • Cover cuts and abrasions with waterproof dressings.
  • Avoid cutting themselves with instruments contaminated by the patient's blood or other tissues.
  • Wear surgical gloves when handling a patient's fluids and tissues or while dressing the patient's wounds.
  • Use face protection if there is a risk of splashing contaminated materials such as cerebrospinal fluid or blood.
  • Use disposable bedclothes for contact with the patient. If disposable materials are not available, the regular cloth should be soaked in undiluted with chlorine bleach for an hour or more.
  • Soak instruments that have come in contact with the patient in undiluted chlorine bleach for an hour or more, then use an autoclave to sterilize them in distilled water for at least one hour at 132-134 degrees Centigrade.


4 comments:

  1. I'm here to give my testimony how I was cured from HIV, I contacted my HIV via blade. A friend of my use blade to peel of her finger nails and drop it where she use it, so after she has left i did know what came unto me i looked at my nails, my nails were very long and I took the blade which she just used on her own nails to cut of my finger nails, as i was maintaining my names, i mistakenly injured myself. I did even bother about it, so when I got to the hospital the next week when i was ill the doctor told me that I am HIV positive, i wondered where did i got it from so i remembered how I use my friend blade to cut off my hand so i feel so sad in my heart to the extent that i don’t even know what to do, so one day i was passing through the internet i met a testimony of a lady that all talk about how she was cured by a doctor called DR Imoloa so i quickly emailed the doctor and he also replied to me and told me the requirements which i will provide and I do according to his command, he prepare a herbal medicine for me which I took. He message me the following week that i should go for a test which i did to my own surprise i found that i was HIV negative. He also have cured for all kinds of incurable diseases like: Huntington's disease, back acne, chronic kidney failure, Addison's disease, Chronic Disease, Crohn's Disease, Cystic Fibrosis, Fibromyalgia, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Fungal Nail Disease, Paralysis, Celia Disease , Lymphoma, Major Depression, Malignant Melanoma, Mania, Melorheostosis, Meniere's Disease, Mucopolysaccharidosis, Multiple Sclerosis, Muscle Dystrophy, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Alzheimer Disease and so many. Thanks to him once more the great doctor that cured me dr. Imoloa so you can also email him via drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com or what'sapp him on +2347081986098.. God Bless you Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am Richard, I am here to testify about a great herbalist  man who cured my wife of breast cancer. His name is Dr Imoloa. My wife went through this pain for 3 years, i almost spent all i had, until i saw some testimonies online on how Dr. Imoloa cure them from their diseases, immediately i contacted him through. then he told me the necessary things to do before he will send  the herbal medicine. Wish he did through DHL courier service, And he instructed us on how to apply or drink the medicine for good two weeks. and to greatest surprise before the upper third week my wife was relief from all the pains, Believe me, that was how my wife was cured from breast cancer by this great man. He also have powerful herbal medicine to cure diseases like: Alzheimer's disease, parkinson's disease, vaginal cancer, epilepsy Anxiety Disorders, Autoimmune Disease, Back Pain, Back Sprain, Bipolar Disorder, Brain Tumor, Malignant, Bruxism, Bulimia, Cervical Disc Disease, Cardiovascular Disease, Neoplasms , chronic respiratory disease, mental and behavioral disorder, Cystic Fibrosis, Hypertension, Diabetes, Asthma, Autoimmune inflammatory media arthritis ed. chronic kidney disease, inflammatory joint disease, impotence, alcohol spectrum feta, dysthymic disorder, eczema, tuberculosis, chronic fatigue syndrome, constipation, inflammatory bowel disease, lupus disease, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, body pain, fever, hepatitis ABC, syphilis, diarrhea, HIV / AIDS, Huntington's disease, back acne, chronic kidney failure, addison's disease, chronic pain, Crohn's pain, cystic fibrosis, fibromyalgia, inflammatory Bowel disease, fungal nail disease, Lyme disease, Celia disease, Lymphoma, Major depression, Malignant melanoma, Mania, Melorheostosis, Meniere's disease, Mucopolysaccharidosis, Multiple sclerosis, Muscular dystrophy, Rheumatoid arthritis. You can reach him Email Via drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com / whatsapp +2347081986098

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am from USA. I was suffering from HIV and HEPATITIS B for over 3 years, i was hopeless until one of my friend directed me to a herbal man Dr Chike, she said the Dr has herbal medicine/cure that cures the HIV and HEPATITIS B also said the Dr has helped some of her friends with HERPES, CANCER, DIABETES, BV, UTI, HSV,ALS and LIVER disease etc, i never believed her but after a lot of talk, i decided to contact him, just few days ago i contacted him and he told me what to do which i did and he sent to me a herbal medicine via DHL with prescriptions on how i will take it for a period of days. After i finished taking the medicine for 2 weeks he told me to go for a test which i also did and when the result came out i was surprised to see that i am negative. I am proud to tell you that I am the happiest person on earth. Big thanks to Dr Puma herbs/cure.. I pray you find a solution in him. For more information on how to get cured contact him on his active email: drchikeherbalcure@gmail.com or Facebook page @ Dr Chike Herbal Remedy

    ReplyDelete